|Version 110 (modified by pbaumann, 5 years ago) (diff)|
Welcome to rasdaman,
the Scalable Multi-Dimensional Array Analytics Server!
This is the website of the open-source rasdaman ("raster data manager") project. Rasdaman extends standard relational database systems with the ability to store and retrieve multi-dimensional raster data (arrays) of unlimited size through an SQL-style query language. On such sensor, image, or statistics data appearing, e.g., in earth, space, and life science applications rasdaman allows to quickly set up array-intensive services which are distinguished? by their flexibility, speed, and scalability.
Rasdaman is brought to you by the guys writing the geo raster standards, including OGC WCS and WCPS, the OGC raster query language. The petascope component of rasdaman provides service interfaces based on the OGC WCS, WCPS, WCS-T, and WPS. For several of these, rasdaman will be reference implementation. Since April 2011, rasdaman is available on the OSGeo Live DVD.
Rasdaman embeds itself smoothly into PostgreSQL; further, a GDAL rasdaman driver is available, and likewise a MapServer integration (beta). A PostGIS query language integration is under work, see our planning.
EarthLook is a demonstration site showcasing rasdaman in a variety of 1-D to 4-D geo use cases.
- April 15, 2012 -- rasdaman 8.3.1 passes the OGC WCS 2.0 Core conformance test
- January 30, 2012 -- rasdaman version 8.3.0 has been released, incorporating many fixes and enhancements
- November 22, 2011 -- rasdaman has now been accepted into OSGeo Incubation; many thanks to our mentor, Bruce Bannermann (Australian Bureau of Meteorology), for his wise guidance and support!
- November 16, 2011 -- rasdaman is presented to the GEOSS Community during the GEO VIII Annual Meeting in Istanbul.
- November, 2011 -- Stephan Meissl, EOX GmbH Austria, is new committer. He has been contributing substantially in particular wrt. MapServer, GDAL, and rasdaman VM issues.
- September, 2011 -- the EarthServer project has started where six 100+ TB earth science databases will be built by BGS, EOX, Jacobs University, NASA, PML, and MEEO using rasdaman, enabling distributed querying.
- more news...
Download, Installation, Documentation
The Large-Scale Scientific Information Services research group at Jacobs University Bremen is the core development team. Feel free to contact us!
A dedicated research spin-off company, rasdaman GmbH, provides software enhancements, expert consultancy, participation in projects, and joint ventures on a commercial basis to foster widespread use of rasdaman.
Interested in the scientific background? There is a host of publications available.
PS: Greetings to all rastafarians! wha'ppen, man?
(124.8 KB) -
added by pbaumann 8 years ago.
applications done with rasdaman: map navigation, satellite image time series, climate data, astrophysics, fluid dynamics, human brain imaging, gene expression analysis
(12.0 KB) -
added by pbaumann 5 years ago.
rasdaman rating by ohloh
(535.7 KB) -
added by pbaumann 4 years ago.
Earth, Space, Life science services...and beyond - with the Array Analytics Server, rasdaman.
(25.3 KB) -
added by pbaumann 3 years ago.
OGC listing of rasdaman as WCS Core Reference Implementation
(205.1 KB) -
added by pbaumann 20 months ago.
Big Data Challenge winner in the international Copernicus Masters competition
Download all attachments as: .zip