|Version 24 (modified by pbaumann, 3 years ago) (diff)|
This is the archive of rasdaman news:
- April 11, 2013 -- rasdaman PI Peter Baumann gives keynote lecture "Data, Metadata - Who Cares?" at EGU General Assembly, Vienna
- January 07, 2013 -- rasdaman becomes GEOSS component
- November 23, 2012 -- rasdaman showcased at GEO IX Plenary
- October 18, 2012 -- rasdaman listed on nosql-database.org
- October 09-11, 2012 -- rasdaman part of OSGeo booth at INTERGEO
- September 10, 2012 -- rasdaman presented at XLDB 2012, Stanford
- July 01, 2012 -- rasdaman is listed on ohloh
- June, 2012 -- rasdaman is candidate reference implementation for WCS Core, being the first implementation to pass all conformance tests
- April 15, 2012 -- rasdaman 8.3.1 passes the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Web Coverage Service (WCS) 2.0 Core conformance test
- January 30, 2012 -- rasdaman version 8.3.0 has been released, incorporating many fixes and enhancements
- November 22, 2011 -- rasdaman has now been accepted into OSGeo Incubation; many thanks to our mentor, Bruce Bannermann (Australian Bureau of Meteorology), for his wise guidance and support!
- November 16, 2011 -- rasdaman is presented to the GEOSS Community during the GEO VIII Annual Meeting in Istanbul.
- November, 2011 -- Stephan Meissl, EOX GmbH Austria, is new committer. He has been contributing substantially in particular wrt. MapServer, GDAL, and rasdaman VM issues.
- September, 2011 -- the EarthServer project has started where six 100+ TB earth science databases will be built by BGS, EOX, Jacobs University, NASA, PML, and MEEO using rasdaman, enabling distributed querying.
- July, 2011 -- rasdaman version 8.2 has been released.
- April, 2011 -- rasdaman has been incorporated in the OSGeo Live DVD.
- 2010-09-27..29 Rasdaman will be presented at the ICT 2010 Brussels Expo.
- 2010-09-06..09 Rasdaman will be presented at the Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Conference (FOSSGIS) 2010 in Barcelona.</dd>
- 2010-09-03 the GDAL driver code, allowing GDAL to use rasdaman as another storage format, has been approved by GDAL and is in their repository now.</dd>
- 2010-08-17 the GDAL driver code, allowing GDAL to use rasdaman as another storage format, has been submitted to GDAL and is under review there now.</dd>
- 2010-08-02 A first version of the GDAL driver for rasdaman has been completed and tested. Now we will proceed making it available.</dd>
- 2010-09-06 Rasdaman will be presented at the Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Conference (FOSSGIS) 2010 in Barcelona.
- 2010-08-02 A first version of the GDAL driver has been completed and tested. Now we will proceed making it available.
- 2010-jul-14 A hot summer indeed - we have launched a project to add NetCDF support to rasdaman.
- 2010-jul-05 A project has started to link rasdaman into GDAL. This coupling of two powerful tools will open up new vistas, among them pairing MapServer? with rasdaman.
- 2010-jun-19 Petascope, the rasdaman OGC service frontend which has had its own domain, www.petascope.org, is now an integrated component of rasdaman (see petascope/ directory in the source tree and the redirection page).
- The rasdaman community project officially applies for OSGeo incubation.
- The rasdaman community project starts getting investigated by OSGeo for possible incubation.
- version 8.1.0 released, containing remedies for several hickups; use of version 8.0.0 is not encouraged.
- include directory is now generated by "make install", allowing simpler linking of applications
- as git on our vm continues to make trouble, we've uploaded an addendum library meantime
- website completely opened, including code of rasdaman 8.0.0
- Wiki structure created