|Version 10 (modified by abeccati, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Report a Bug
We greatly appreciate it when users report bugs or come up with feature requests.
All you need to do is click New Ticket in the navigation bar on the top.
However, there are a few rules you should obey before submitting a new ticket:
- Make sure the ticket has not already been submitted.
Click on View Tickets and then All Tickets By Milestone (Including closed) to verify that your issue or feature request is not already in the database. Please also check if the issue or request is among the closed tickets, maybe it is not bug or has already been fixed/implemented in a newer version or the repository.
- Make sure the data you entered is correct
Please doublecheck your input to make sure that all the information regarding component, milestone etc is correct. Also try to provide keywords if you can. Here is some advice:
- component: if unsure ask on the dev list or pick the most likely one (the component owner will redirect it if needed)
- milestone: leave it empty unless you are contributing to a milestone release preparation
- priority: tickets are usually addressed by their priority, Major is the default, Blocker is for mission critical issues impeding use of the system where no workaround exists while Trivial is for annoyances or polishing tasks
- Defect: If something is not working as expected or there is incorrect documentation
- Feature: If you are proposing an entirely new feature for the system or to define high-level features for milestones
- Enhancement: If you are proposing an improvement or addition to an existing feature
- Task: Is reserved for activities to be performed which do not fit in the above categories
- Give good description of the problem
This also includes the necessary steps to reproduce the problem! Ideally, provide a failing systemtest attached to the ticket for Critical or Blocker defects
- If you have a solution - tell us!
This doesn't have to be code. We appreciate any help, code snippets, hints etc that can help us to resolve the issue.
At the time of submitting a contribution you will have to agree to a Contributor Agreement which allows us to provide your insights to the community.
Thanks in advance!