Table of Contents
(Note: this page is outdated; see wiki:InstallFromSource for the most up-to-date version)
rasdaman quick installation guide
Note: This page is obsoleted and not maintained. Use one of the download and installation alternatives instead.
This is a quick guide to install rasdaman on a Debian-type Linux system; it has been tested on Debian Squeeze. It assumes having a Linux user rasdaman under which all installation will be done. Target installation directory is $RMANHOME pointing to, e.g., ~rasdaman/install.
- Log in to the target system as user rasdaman
- Choose your installation directory (here: /home/rasdaman/install) and further settings (you may want to put these into ~rasdaman/.bashrc for automatic loading upon login; don't forget to reload it first time through source ~rasdaman/.bashrc)
export RMANHOME=/home/rasdaman/install export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/ export JRE_HOME=$JAVA_HOME/jre export CATALINA_HOME=/var/lib/tomcat6 export PATH=$PATH:$RMANHOME/bin:/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin
- Install required packages:
sudo apt-get install \ git make automake autotools-dev libtool pkg-config m4 \ bison flex g++ comerr-dev libncurses5-dev libedit-dev \ libtiff4-dev gdal-bin libgdal1-dev libnetpbm10-dev \ postgresql libecpg-dev libsqlite-dev sqlite3 \ python-dateutil python-lxml python-gdal python-setuptools openjdk-6-jdk tomcat6 sudo easy_install install glob2
- Get and compile rasdaman, configured to sit in $RMANHOME
git clone git://rasdaman.org/rasdaman.git cd rasdaman autoreconf -fi ./configure --prefix=$RMANHOME --with-wardir=$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ make
- Install it
- If PostgreSQL support is needed (see options): Add super user in postgres (same name as the local user)
sudo -u postgres createuser -s rasdaman -P
- Setup the rasdaman database:
create_db.sh update_db.sh update_petascopedb.sh #if you want to use OGC services via petascope component
- Start the rasdaman server
- Insert demo data
rasdaman_insertdemo.sh localhost 7001 $RMANHOME/share/rasdaman/examples/images/ rasadmin rasadmin
- Check if demo data has been inserted
rasql -q 'select c from RAS_COLLECTIONNAMES as c' --out string
After these steps you are all set to use rasdaman as a scalable n-D array engine.
For configuring rasdaman as a spatio-temporal geo raster server, continue with petascope configuration and deployment.