OSGeo-Live DVD Guide
The OSGeo-Live DVD distribution contains a rasdaman installation that can be used straight out of the box. The simplest way to get started is with downloading a virtual image that can be booted by something like VirtualBox or VMWare.
- Download and extract the virtual machine image here.
- Create a new VM in VirtualBox and use the extracted .vmdk file as a hard disk.
- Boot the new VM, default user is with username user and password user.
- Start the rasdaman server by going to Geospatial -> Databases -> Rasdaman -> Start Rasdaman Server
- There is a bug that needs to be fixed in order to start the rasdaview client:
- In the terminal type rasdaview to start the GUI client.
- Enter the connection details to connect to the rasdaman server (password is rasguest), and click Open:
Now you can execute some queries, e.g. in rView go to File -> Query, and type
select c from lena as c
Double click on the Result 0, or alternatively Item -> Open All will show the result in the selected Display Mode.
For further information see the Query Language Guide for rasql here, as well as the Geospatial -> Databases -> Rasdaman -> Rasdaman-Earthlook Demo in the OSGeo-Live VM.