database object caching is too greedy
|Reported by:||dmisev||Owned by:||dmisev|
The ObjectBroker caches database objects, and does so even when there is no free ram, forcing the server to go into swap memory.
This seriously hampers performance, as free ram is occupied by (arguably) outdated, unused database objects, instead of the objects which are needed for evaluating the current query. It can even block the machine completely, when all the ram+swap is used up.
The proposed solution now is to limit the ObjectBroker to evicting old objects when free ram reaches a critical threshold, instead of only when total ram is filled up. I've set an arbitrary safe threshold of 100MB free ram that rasdaman's cache should not cross.
Change History (10)
comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by dmisev
- Milestone changed from 9.0.x to 9.1
- Owner changed from dmisev to vliaukevich
- Priority changed from critical to major
- Status changed from accepted to assigned
comment:9 Changed 21 months ago by dmisev
- Cc changed from pbaumann,olcl to pbaumann, olcl
- Milestone changed from 9.1 to Future