conversion code should be refactored
|Reported by:||dmisev||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||Cc:||pbaumann, vmerticariu, mdumitru|
Description (last modified by dmisev)
In many cases, existing code in source:conversion can be removed and the corresponding function can be aliased to encode(). With this we can also remove a couple of direct dependencies of rasdaman as they become indirect dependencies via gdal: bmp, jpeg, png, tiff.
These functions can be refactored:
Not sure about:
- ecw (not compiled at the moment)
- tor (can't find information on a tor format)
- vff (can't find information on a vff format)
- int16 (= dem now, see comment:3, comment:4)
NITF reader (see comment:2):
- ntf.cc is the convertor class using the others; we should keep these sources, NTF should be renamed to NITF, and at some time this should be properly compiled into libconversion and tested.
Furthermore, it would be good to remove the dedicated source:insertutils/insertppm.cc and either have a corresponding ppm/inv_ppm functions or connect to decode/encode(..,"ppm")
See also #1139