Patchmanager support for new branching system
|Reported by:||mdumitru||Owned by:||gmerticariu|
|Keywords:||Cc:||dmisev, vmerticariu, pbaumann, gmerticariu|
Based on discussions among rasdaman developers we are thinking of having the following branching mechanism in rasdaman
- master - contains always the latest release of rasdaman. It's updated each x (1 or 2 should be a good number, for example on Wednesdays) weeks to include the latest fixes and based on developer agreement selected features from experimental.
- fixes - this branch contains latest fixes based on the bug reports on the rasdaman wiki.
- experimental - this branch contains all the patches in fixes + experimental features that are planned for next releases.
This means that the patchmanager has to be modified to allow submission of patches for the new system. The following features have to be added:
- The branch select dropdown should contain only two values: experimental and fixes
- Once a patch is submitted to fixes and is accepted, it is automatically committed to fixes and experimental branches. This should be done in a transactional way, meaning if the patch fails to apply to either of the two branches it is applied to neither.
- Patches to experimental are committed to the experimental branch once accepted.
@Aulon: The sources for the patchmanager can be found here: http://rasdaman.org/browser/patch_manager Look over them, install it locally and report back once you are ready to implement the changes.
@all: Please check that the system makes sense, I believe this is the one we agree to.
Change History (12)
comment:6 Changed 17 months ago by gmerticariu
- Owner changed from akuqi to gmerticariu
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:8 Changed 17 months ago by dmisev
- Component changed from undecided to patch_manager
- Milestone set to 9.2